Tuesday 5 October 2010

Introduction and test post

For years (and years) I have been a windows user for 99% of my computing needs. I have always had an experimental Linux system or two and although impressed by it's gradual improvements always put it to one side when I had to get on with some work.

Then I bought an iPod Touch and was really taken by it's interface, use and never ending cheap or free Apps. It still is always with me and will be so until I buy an iPhone next summer when my current mobile contract is up for renewal.

I was interested in the iPad, noticed the critics said it was a mistake and also noticed it was selling in the millions. When my son-in-law bought one (well he is a mad ad man) I had my first hands-on and within three days I had purchased my own. Granddaughter told me off for copying her Dad but this did not stop her drawing on my iPad when she visited the other day.

So I will record my experiences here so that I have a record for myself and may even be useful for others.

Note I hope to write this blog completely on my iPad. If for any reason this is not possible I will identify what had to be done in Windows and why.

My next post will be why you should only ever buy a 3G model, and this is not just because you can get your Internet hit on the road.


Oh by the way I have just sold my test desktop PC and now do not have a Linux, going from most open to most proprietary in one step. Still have Windows 7 desktop and laptop but I am beginning to lust after a Macbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment