Tuesday 12 October 2010

How to change Pages background.

I am getting to grips with Apple's Pages for the iPad, I cycle through a love hate relationship continuously. My last hate session was when I decided to change a document background.

I checked the standard help procedures and as normal with Pages (and Numbers) I find best approach is to prod and swipe until you have worked out your way back to love relationship. This is what I discovered.

Changing Pages Background



Click on the spanner icon which is top right.
Select Document Setup.



Click on the rectangle using one of the colour fill options which can be modified later if you wish.




Drag the edges so that the rectangle fills the screen.
Optionally you can click the small i button, top right, to fine tune colour and/or add margin.




When finished click Done.


Text background.




To create paragraph background click photo icon and add required shape which can be customised by selecting Style Options.

Then click inside shape and type as normal. Adjust size as appropriate.

PDF Version



Click on following link to see PDF version and example. Pages Example

No comments:

Post a Comment