Sunday 9 September 2012

My suggested Apps for my Sister who bought her 1st iPad today


My sister emailed me from her new iPad tonight and here is the list of Apps I sugested she may like.


I am sure you will not regret buying the iPad. Since I gave Shirley my original iPad she has not used PC or laptop, does all she needs.

Here is a list of Apps I think all iPad users should get..

  • Flipboard .... No need to buy paers or magazines once you get this setuo
  • Instapaper ... Copies and saves web pages onto your iPad so that you can read them offline
  • Dropbox ... Share files between PC and iPad
  • Snapseed ... Edit photos
  • iPlayer ... You can now download BBC programmes to iPad and watch them offline, e.g. on the train to Brighton
  • TV Catchup ... Watch live TV. I use it to watch Cricket on Channel 5 when washing up
  • Pinnacle Studio ... Editing and creating movies. Free for next few days I think.
  • iBird ... Very good for birders, a bit expensive though.
  • GoSkyWatch ... Point iPad at the sky and it will tell you where the planets and stars are.
  • SketchBook ... Draw and paint
  • Garage Band ... One for Richard
  • Kindle ... buy books from Amazon and read them on iPad
  • Free Books ... Pay a couple of quid and have access to loads of older books. I'm reading Ana Karenia at the moment


Now if your iPad has telephone (3G) feature it will also have GPS, and so you can use
  • NavFree  ..SatNav 
  • UK Map ...  Download the maps you need and you will not have to buy any. Also tells you exactly where you are.
  • Trails ... Records where you have been. Use it when we are out walking or cycling. Also shows map.

If it's not 3G model then no GPS but these Apps may still work, using Wireless Routers to approximately locate iPad. GPS accuracy is a few meters wherever you are, non GPS it can be a few meters to a few miles depending how many wireless routers it can find.

There are over 200,000 Apps according to Apple so plenty to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment